Contents (click to jump to item)
- Our preparation
- Getting into and leaving your house
- What should you do before cleaning
- Pets policy
- Secure Fragile and Valued Items
- Damage and Breakage policies
- Inclement weather policies
- Hours and Holidays
- If you work from home
- If you or your family would like or need to stay home during the cleaning time
- If I need Extra services
- If I have questions or special requests
- Scheduling or changing cleaning days or frequency
- Cancellation Policy
- If the cleaning service needs to be redone
Company Policies and Customer Guidelines
Our Company Policy is as follows:
- Arrival Time: the system will always text you some mins before the team arrives
- We have always used masks and gloves (even before Covid) for our own protection from dirt, dust, and chemicals. We can use shoe covers for the carpet area if requested. If you prefer us to take off our shoes when we get to your home, please let us know.
- Products and Equipment: we bring our own cleaning products and cloths. Regarding the vacuum cleaner, we always prefer to use yours for sanitary reasons, but we have our own vacuum cleaner if needed. In case you want us to use your cleaning products or other equipment, please let us know in advance.
Getting into and leaving your house
- Please inform us previously how we will have access to your house. For instance: if we will get in through the front door, garage, garage code, etc.
What should you do before cleaning
- Paper Towel and Trash Bags: please leave out 1 paper towel roll and trash bags. Preferably at the kitchen countertop. If you prefer us to get them for you, please send us instructions.
- Picking up and decluttering: We know sometimes life happens and you don’t have time to pick up all the stuff around the house, and that’s ok. We are here to help you, but we ask you to pick up clutter before the service starts whenever possible, so that your cleaning ladies are able to clean it properly. The less clutter around the easier it will be for them to focus on the cleaning.
- Firearms and guns: If you have them please put them away before the cleaning starts. The maids will not clean the room/area with a visible firearm or guns.
- Clear away dirty dishes and food messes: unless specified, our house cleaners don’t wash dishes. Washing and putting away your dirty dishes will make it easier for our pros to clean the sink and surrounding areas
- Making the Beds: if you want us to make the beds, please let us know.
- Changing the sheets: if you’d like us to change the sheet, please just leave the cleaned ones on the bed. Here at Not Just Dust, we don’t open any closets, doors, cabinets doors, or drawers that are closed without previous permission.
- We love pets, but we ask that they are not in the Maids’ way to prevent any potential accidents.
- Be sure to give us special instructions about your pets, their names, the treats they like, and where you keep them.
- The following policy has as much to do with loving our clients as it does with respecting the dignity of our maids: For health and sanitary issues, our maids will not handle any human or animal waste or bodily fluids.
Secure Fragile and Valued Items
- We request that all valuable, irreplaceable, collectible, or heirloom items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valued) be stored and/or not cleaned by our team.
- If anything is especially valuable to you or needs to be cleaned in a specific way, let your pro know ahead of time.
Damage and Breakage policies
- We will always do our best to avoid accidents, but they might happen. In case something breaks or is damaged, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can repair them, if possible.
Inclement weather policies
- In case our cleaners can not drive to service your home we will contact you to reschedule as soon as possible.
Hours and Holidays
- Hours of operation are from 8:00 to 5:00. We observe the following holidays each year: New Years Day, Good Friday, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
If you work from home
- please let us know what part of the house is better for us to start the cleaning in order not to disturb you.
If you or your family would like or need to stay home during the cleaning time
- Not a problem for us, we just ask you to please be mindful of the places we have already cleaned.
If I need Extra services
- Please let us know at least one day before the cleaning so that we can plan and prepare to serve you better.
If I have questions or special requests
- We are happy to serve you, so please communicate your needs clearly. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you to make our service better.
Scheduling or changing cleaning days or frequency
- We will always try to work to adapt our services to your house cleaning needs. We ask you to get in touch with us as soon as possible to inform us of your needs. To reschedule your cleaning appointment, please email us at email@example.com or call/text (901)656-2443 during business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm excluding weekends).
- Please keep in mind that changing the cleaning frequency might change the cleaning fee. If you are a weekly client and would like to skip the week of your scheduled service, your next scheduled cleaning will be at a bi-weekly rate. And if you are a bi-weekly client, your next cleaning will be charged at a monthly rate. Monthly clients will be a 50% increase for your next cleaning. After that, your recurring services will go back to your original rate (depending on how many weeks you skip). We must adhere strictly to this policy to prevent lost wages for your cleaning professionals.
- If you need to reschedule your cleaning please let us know as soon as possible so that this change doesn’t affect our maids and other clients.
- If your house is dirtier than usual due to certain events, or because you needed to cancel previous cleanings please let us know so that we can make the necessary adjustments regarding the time, the number of maids, types of equipment, and products. Depending on the situation, there may be extra charges if the job requires more than just a regular cleaning.
- It is very challenging to fit in all the homes on the specific day/time that owners request and a lot of effort goes into the process, so if you have any changes, please call us as soon as possible. This allows us time to plan ahead and make adjustments for our crew and other clients.
- If you reschedule/cancel/skip 48 hours or less or if your Cleaning Professional is unable to enter the property, there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of your scheduled service cost. We must adhere strictly to this policy to prevent lost wages for your cleaning professional(s) because these fees go directly to the assigned professional(s).
- Delay in Access: If you insist on a specific time, please be advised that if our scheduling does have any down/wait time, we will try our best to work with you to meet your needs. We may need to charge you an additional fee to cover the time that employees are asked to wait before accessing your home or place of business.
- Holidays: Starting August 1, 2022, if you would like to reschedule/cancel/skip your cleaning during a holiday week we will require a 2-week notice prior to your cleaning.
If the cleaning service needs to be redone
- We strive for excellent customer service and always try to do our best, but in case you’re not happy with our cleaning service please let us know in 24 hours so that we can fix it for you. Take pictures and send it to us. This will help us improve our services and train our team. Your feedback is very important for our growth.
- Payments are due right after the service is done. A link will be sent to you with the invoice by text message and you can pay it using your debit or credit card.
- If you’re paying in cash or check, we ask you to put the payment in a sealed envelope.
- Feel free to tip the maids if you would like. Tipping can show them that you appreciate their cleaning services and them as a cleaner.